Helpful Furnace Tips
Markham Heating would love to come to see you but before you make the call there are a few important things you can investigate:
- Check to make sure thermostat is set correctly and batteries are OK.
- Check furnace or air filter and make sure it is not excessively dirty or plugged.
- Check to make sure the furnace switch and breaker are turned on.
- Try turning the furnace switch off and on at the switch in the furnace room; this will reset the furnaces electronic controls. Allow five minutes for it to restart.
- On high-efficiency gas furnaces, make sure your intake and exhaust pipes are clear of snow and ice.
- Ensure both your furnace doors are on correctly.
Still no luck? Give us a call and we'll be over as soon as possible!